Last Updated: 7th January 2022
Our contact details
Mid Cheshire District Scouts
Registered in England & Wales under charity number 1000895
Name: Eddie Aspden – Deputy District Commissioner (Groups & Governance)
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- IP, device, browser & operating system details
- Approximate geographical location
- Which pages you visit and what you interact with
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You contact us with a specific enquiry
- You enquire about joining Scouting within our district
- When you visit our website
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Respond to, and action your enquiry
- Improve our website, and the services & provisions that we offer
We may share any enquiries with the relevant Scout Groups within our district.
When we collect, use, share, and store personal data in the ways described within this policy, we may rely on the following legal bases:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have legal obligations.
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We (or others) have legitimate interests.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored within the United Kingdom and/or European Economic Area (EEA). When we make international transfers, we rely on UK Government’s adequacy regulations and/or the European Commission’s adequacy decisions.
When we store personal data relating to an enquiry for a young person joining Scouting, we may retain this information until they are 18 years old, or 3 months after us sharing this data with a Scout Group within our district which is able to accommodate the joining enquiry, whichever is sooner. After this period, we may choose to anonymise the enquiry for statistical use within the district, to assist in improving services and provisions that we offer.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Mid Cheshire District Scouts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk